— Francesco Biagini
Swords in Art - Modern Samurai, Musketeer and Knight
- by Adrian Dadich
CINEMATIC MILES MORALES COSPLAY
Yo! My name is Nikolas A. Draper-Ivey…This is cosplay as Cinematic Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider Man. This suit was made by Jesse Covington ( Writer and Costume Designer) and sewn by Sasha Williams ( Fashion Major graduate). Photos were taken by Pierre BL Brevard I specifically would like to thank Marvel Comics Artist Sara Pichelli for designing this character. I’m also very excited to see Olivier Coipel's work on Spider-Verse!
(Full shoot will be shot in New York itself just in time for NYCC)
Tura Satana appreciation post. here’s what u need to know:
- born in 1938 and died in 2011
- her parents were a silent movie actor and a circus performer
- she was gang-raped by five men when she was ten. they were never prosecuted and it was rumoured that the judge was paid off.
- this prompted her to train in various martial arts (such as aikido and karate)
- over the next 15 years, she hunted down each of her rapists and exacted revenge against them. they never even knew who she was until she told them
- at the same time, she formed an all-woman gang called “the angeles”
- "we had leather motorcycle jackets, jeans and boots and we kicked butt."
- moved to los angeles when she was 15 and supported herself
- dated elvis presley and turned down a marriage proposal from him
- her most famous film role was in 1965, as varla, a “very aggressive and sexual female character”, in faster, pussycat! kill! kill! (a film that was “an ode to female violence”)
- Tura was responsible for her own costume, makeup, use of martial arts, and much of her dialouge. she also performed all her own stunts and fight scenes
- was known for not taking shit from anyone. russ meyer, the director for faster, pussycat! kill!, said of her “[tura was] extremely capable. she knew how to handle herself. don’t fuck with her! and if you have to fuck her, do it well! she might turn on you!”
After all that’s gone on..and what I do for a living and being questioned by a stranger fitting the general description of a full of himself salesman archetype, as to why a nearly 40 year old man brought a red, star shaped, mylar balloon to the bar…I really hate explaining myself